Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Life is a balancing act

Image from Google Images.
Everyone has obligations to their family, friends and work. So what makes me any different than anyone else? I feel a bit overwhelmed. I LOVE being busy, but lately, for some reason, I am a little off balanced. I feel like I am trying to balance too much right now. Julie described it as one of those people that spins the plates on the long thin sticks? TOTALLY.. I am a plate spinner! This is how I feel. At any moment, my plates are going to come crashing down.

So today, I am going to let it go. I can only do what I can do.  I have to let it go and accept that I am one person, and I cannot do it all. Even though we all want to be a super mom, I need to accept that I am only human.

Image from Google Images.
I have been making little mistakes here and there. Forgetting things and being easily distracted.  However, TODAY... I will concentrate on doing one thing at a time.  I will continue to write my list and to follow up and keep checking on my list. Set my priorities and balance only one plate at a time.  If I do just one thing at a time, I will get more things completed and not with so many mistakes.  We all go through these phases, and we get through them.

All this is happening because of crazy events that have happened in the last couple of days.  A particular situation I am talking about happened Thursday morning.  It started off just like any other morning but then chaos.  Let me just say that Thursday morning events made me stop and think...a major reality check.  It was a scary morning, and everything is good now but the cause of the event has now taken an  effect on my life.  Because of Thursday morning, I was confronted by an angry woman who is channeling her anger to the people around her because she does not know what to do herself, I feel sorry for the people that this is all happening to and at that moment I was filled with rage and resentful. UGHH...really?  Why was I feeling so much anger?  However, when I sit now and talk about Thursday, I am filled with intense disappointment with this individual.

However, there is nothing I can do to change what happened on Thursday morning, and I cannot  change or control how people react, but what I can do is control how I feel and act.  I accept that we are all human and we all make mistakes. We learn from our mistakes, and we grow.

On the brighter side of the story. Due to the events on Thursday morning, I feel like I have a better relationship with my neighbors, and I am truly grateful for my family and friends. I feel blessed with the happenings in my  life, and I have more to celebrate vs. being ashamed.


Today I accept hat I have not been on top of my game the last couple of days. However, TODAY is the day I obligate to get better.  I CAN DO IT!  Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.  I feel better. Hope you have a great week.  Until next time!  Have a good one!Signature

7 comments:

  1. Aww hon, YOU can do it. Your hardest on yourself. Everyone understands your a really busy girl and that your human! Take care of yourself, your amazing!! ✿

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry...I think when I posted I didn't realize I didn't sign off google docs. therefore it wasn't my name on the original post. Anyway, here's what I posted.


    I'm sorry you had to go through that. I really don't understand why people are crazy! I know you could handle it and bounce right back. You're super woman. You work hard at what you do and you're good at it. You can only handle so much. I like what you said..."you can only control how you act not them". So true! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there sesil...don't let the crabby people get you down. You are awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will pray for you to feel Peace and Good direction! I can only imagine all you have on your plate-- and I know you keep the plates spinning for lots of people! Just know you are appreciated and do such a super job!! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...sorry I missed this post...we do all go through these times in our lives...hang in there, you will make it and come through stronger on the other side. Sorry you have gone through this, it is very frustrating to see other people trying to make others as miserable as them...try not to let her dim your light. Hugs to you....Yvonne...had to post this way...computer issues, ack!

    ReplyDelete