Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Stop the presses!!!! Have you heard?!?!

Stop the presses!  The new year has brought me a new outlook on scrapbooking. I have really struggled with creating layouts but I am overcoming my fears. I am PROUD to day that  I HAVE COMPLETED another layout using my Cocoa Daisy January Kit. Can you hear me yelling off the rooftops?   Okay, maybe not due to the fact that there is a ton of snow in my yard and on my house.  But that is another story.

 



I challenged myself to complete another layout using my kit and I would allow myself to order the add on kit for Feb.  So I was up for the challenge and this is what I ended up doing.









I have to be honest. This is by far not one of my favorite layouts I created.  I have been out of practice and like they say. Practice makes perfect.

This is not something I would normally submit to a design team assignment or to post anywhere but for myself.  So  I am trying to find my style and just trying things out. My kids won't care that mommy doesn't like the layout. They are just excited that they are all three on the same layout and to them it looks AMAZING!  That is all that matters right?

These pictures were taken on our move from Chicago to Salt Lake City.  WOW.  The kids look so little to me.  I remember this pool like it was yesterday.  So many memories I need to document before I forget.

Who cares that the pictures are three years old? Who cares that this layout is not going to get published? Who CARES?  No body cares.  So, I challenge you to scrapbook some older pictures and just play.  Get some supplies out and just PLAY.  I promise you will have fun.

OH... before I let you go.... I have another surprise!  Another video!  Like I said I am getting back into the swing of things with the videos. Whoop Whooop.  You can watch how I really love to push my paper around.  ENJOY!


Please leave me a comment and let me know your thoughts on my layout.  I would love to hear from you!!

4 comments:

  1. I saw a great video and saw someone else who struggles with where to put everything and also if it would look better like this....it definitely takes me forever! Perfectionism can be a detriment . I think what matters most are the photos and the memories! Your layout looks great! I am happy for your epiphany and will take your challenge to heart. I loved your trick for doing your lettering . Thanks for sharing Sesil. (love the videos too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cindy!
    Wax paper with the lettering. I can never figure where to put my titles and it helps out a ton. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Julie! You make me blush!

    ReplyDelete